Sorry I haven’t blogged in a while. I’ve been really sick and that’s never any fun! But I’m feeling a little better now and have been wanting to do a product review/comparison of these two similar hair removal systems for a while now. I had had the opportunity to try and use both products. Before I submit my findings and recommendation here is a little tid bit of information on both:
Let’s start with the No No:
What is the NoNo?
Using a unique technology in removing unwanted hair, the Nono hair removal system is apparently a no pain, no mess, no hassle treatment thus its name. It has been featured in prestigious shows and magazines the likes of The Doctors, The Dr. Oz Show, The Today Show, The View, Elle, Allure, Marie Claire, and Vogue among many others.
The handheld device conducts gentle pulses of heat when you glide it on your skin, Nono’s thermodynamic wire and built-in safety mechanisms contact with the hair and singe it all the way down to its follicle. This unique technology which is based on scientific principles of thermal transference is referred to as Thermicon and supposedly works safely and effectively regardless of your skin type and hair color.
Cost of the No No! PRO3 OFFER DETAILS on their website: If you select the no!no! PRO3, you will be initially charged $101.64. In 30 days the same method of payment you use to make your purchase will automatically be charged the second of three payments in the amount of $101.63. In 60 days, you will be charged a final payment of $101.63 for a total of $304.90.
- Safe and pain-free. Unlike razor blades or shaving devices that may cut your skin, depilatory creams which contain harsh chemicals, this device uses only safe and gentle pulses of heat to the hair. Your skin may experience redness while using it but it is normal and temporary. You need not have to deal with pain, cuts, skin irritation, nicks or burns, ingrown hairs, and any mess at all. There is essentially no adverse effect.
- Easy to use and portable. It is a very handy device that you simply glide over your skin for very easy hair removal. No messy procedures. You can also use it anywhere as it is just a small, handheld rechargeable tool.
- Long-lasting results. This technology provides permanent hair reduction and the more you use it will result to hair-free skin all the time.
- For everybody. You can use it regardless of your complexion and hair color.
- Cost. No need to frequently buy depilatory creams or go to the salon for expensive wax or laser treatments, you buy it one-time and you get professional result.
- Foul smell when in use. There is a faint burning smell when you use it as the method is actually searing the hair follicles.
- Not so easy to use. It’s not as easy as it looks like on the ads. Read the instructions prior to using or check videos for tips on making the task easier.
- Not so time-efficient. It is not the ideal solution if you are short on time. Working on your legs alone will require over half an hour to finish especially the first time you use it.
- Results may take a while to show. It does not work magic by providing you permanent hair-free skin in one use. Depending on your hair growth cycle, hair is expected to regrow after four to six weeks. Even so, some people use it for over six months and are still not getting the desired results. Permanent hair reduction may take longer than you expected.
- Cost: I was billed several times monthly for this product.
What is the Yes! By Finishing Touch?
The Yes! by Finishing Touch claims to be an “instant, pain free hair remover.” The device uses advanced Sensa-Light technology to easily remove hair from all parts of your body in one step, while effortlessly following your contours for the best hair removal experience possible.
The Yes! device is manufactured by Idea Village based out of Wayne, NJ, who currently holds an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, although unaccredited.
The Yes! by Finishing Touch is a hair removal beauty device that can be used anywhere on your body, and claims to help you avoid painful, smelly removal methods, such as waxing, laser, or electrolysis.
According to the manufacturer, the Yes! device is different from the competition due to its proprietary Sensa-Light heads, which are designed to last 60-90 days, depending on how often it’s used, as well as the thickness of your hair. Also, when compared to other devices, Yes! by Finishing Touch can be used by both men and women. However, keep in mind that it is only intended to be used while dry (e.g. not in the shower).
Cost of the YES! is only $39.99 (That’s it!)
- Each Yes! device comes with a carrying case, rechargeable Lithium Ion battery
- The company claims that the Deluxe model also comes with an AC adapter
- All Yes! devices come with a 60-day money back guarantee
- Safe and pain-free. Unlike razor blades or shaving devices that may cut your skin
- Easy to use and portable. It is a very handy device that you simply glide over your skin for very easy hair removal. No messy procedures
- Long Lasting-INSTANT Results!
The only disadvantage that I have been able to find so far is the noise. It’s not as quiet as I would like it to be for discrete usage.
Here are my findings and recommendations:
Based on my personal opinion and use of both products I have found both product claims to be similar with the exception of the disadvantages. While there are several disadvantages with the NO NO! there are not really any definitive disadvantages that I could find with the YES! No foul smell so it really can be used any where, Instant results, Longer battery life, and most important it’s cost effective.
I also have to add that just in dealing with both of these companies customer service department, the YES! By Finishing Touch trump’s the NO NO by leaps and bounds! If your anything like me, customer service is very important and will more likely be the determining factor on whether of not you are a returning customer or even recommend a product to friends and family.
Over all, I highly recommend the YES! By Finishing Touch over the No No! for more efficient, instant, long lasting results.