As kids we were always told to eat our fruits and veggies, I didn’t mind because I have always loved fruits and veggies, however some us hated them. How many times have our mothers said “Apple cheeks, rosy lips?. We most definitely didn’t take them seriously then. Then we grew up. And that lovely baby skin gave way to skin problems and irritation. And I am also sure most of you would have asked yourself why didn’t you just listen to our mother! Fortunately, you haven’t lost that baby skin texture forever. Here are some of my favorite, simple homemade face packs made with fruits that will ensure that you regain that youthful subtle baby soft skin again. But before we dive into preparation of homemade packs for glowing skin, here are few tips to make the process easier:
- Use fruit packs on cleaned, exfoliated skin.
- Blend the fruit well enough so it’s pulpy.
- Relax while you have it on your face, because it slides off being all slippery.
- Wear not-so-favorite-clothes as your mom will hate staining.
- Some fruit masks are too slippery to stay on face. In such cases, add some grounded oats to get a good consistency. This holds good for any runny consistency.
- Always extend the mask up to your neck.
Papaya Face pack
Papayas are known to make the skin radiant.
For a skin softening mask, use 3 tablespoons apricot pulp and mix with 3 tablespoons of papaya pulp. You can also add a little almond powder to it if you want to use as an exfoliating mask. Apply the mixture on the face for 10 minutes and start scrubbing it on your face. Wash in cold water
watermelon Face pack
This juicy fruit moisturizes the skin and is best for summers.
Make a paste of watermelon juice 2 tablespoons cucumber juice and 1 teaspoon of yogurt and milk each. Apply it on your face for at least 15 minutes. Wash in cold water
Lemons can stretch the skin and give a healthy glow
Make a mask with 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and egg white. Apply on face and wash off after 15-20 minutes with cold water.