One of my most favorite recipes is the low carb cookie cake! Its absolutely delish! For those of you with a sweet tooth this is the perfect solution to a healthier alternative.
What you will need:
- Bob’s Red Mill Finely Ground Almond Meal/Four. All Natural Product From Blanched Whole Almonds.
16 oz pack
- All Natural
- Gluten Free
- One (1) pack of Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Chips. Dark chocolate is better for weight loss. Even though the amount of calories in milk chocolate and dark chocolate are pretty similar (and in fact milk chocolate sometimes contains fewer calories), dark chocolate contains significantly less carbohydrates.
Two (2) TBS Of Vanilla Extract.
Two (2) C of Splenda. If your CARB Counting (like me) here is a tidbit of advice, Sugar has 4 g of carb’s per tsp where as Splenda has less than 1 g of carb’s per tsp.
- One (1) C of liquid egg whites. I personally use ALLWhites, but you can use what ever brand you want. AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites is fat-free, cholesterol-free and low-calorie source of lean protein – ideal to help fuel your fitness goals and maintain a healthy lifestyle while on a low carb diet.
- Two (2) TBS of Kerrygold butter. Milk from grass-fed cows contains higher quantities of unsaturated fatty acids (Omega 3 & 6) than milk from cows fed indoors. This is why Kerrygold butter is very spreadable and has a unique creamy taste.
- One (1) Cup Almond Milk. I use Lucerne Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk. It has less than 1 g of carb’s per cup and tastes great!
Mix the almond flour and spelnda and butter together. Add the liquid egg whites, vanilla, and almond milk. (Make sure mixture is fully mixed together before you add in your chocolate chips) fold in your chocolate chips with a spoon. Spray your pan with non stick cooking spray. I use Smart balance. (zero carb’s, calories and fat)
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. My oven tends to cook on the higher side. Just check your cookie cake every so often as to to not burn the bottom.
When I have a sweet tooth this is my go to dessert! Its low carb and yummy!