This is one of my all time favorite dishes and is super easy to make! The whole family loves it! My husband and kids are Italian so needless to say we used to eat a lot of Italian food before I got on my health kick (lol) Pastas, Sauces, Bread, Etc. Something they really started to miss. I was looking for a healthy alternative and came up with this!
What you will need:
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
Fresh Asiago/Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Veggies if you want. (I add artichoke hearts and mushrooms, sometimes broccoli)
First cook your chicken any way you like it, I bake mine. Then we go to the sauce (Yum!) A good Alfredo sauce recipe can turn just about any dish into a luxurious meal, and best of all, it’s naturally high in fat and low in carb, making it a perfect choice for a ketogenic diet. Interestingly, Alfredo sauce was invented in 1914 in Rome, Italy, and the restaurant where it began is still in business today.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1.5 cups freshly grated Asiago/Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves fresh garlic grated and 1 clove chopped (add more if you like a stronger garlic taste)
- 1 teaspoon herb of your choice (parsley, basil, thyme are good – optional)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
To make the sauce:
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in the cream and cook on low for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the granulated garlic and grated cheese and whisk in. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. (don’t burn it)
- Let the sauce sit for a few minutes to thicken before adding chicken or veggies
- Add to your favorite vegetable or chicken dish. This is particularly good over chicken and broccoli.
- Serve immediately over the protein pasta! ( I add extra cheese on the top of mine)
It’s a good, healthy meal the whole family will love and the best part about this meal is that the sauce is so versatile you add anything you ant to it and it will still be amazing! Try adding different veggies and get creative for dinner tonight!