Have you ever wondered if what you eat effects your skin? We’ve talked in previous blogs about how what you put on your skin effects it, but what about what we eat? Over the last few weeks we have researched a multitude of different foods, drink, fruits and veggies we eat on a daily basis that actually do miracles for our skin. I have come up with TEN different fruits that fight acne, stimulate collagen, and flush the toxins out of the skin—keeping it young, clean, fresh and blemish free! Keep reading…
- Lemon juice helps to slosh off dead skin, stimulate the elasticity in your skin and promote new growth of skin cells with AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) or Citric Acids. Lemons don’t just fight blemishes, they keep the skin fresh and young.
- Cherries are abundant in minerals and vitamins A and C. This fruit flushes out toxins from the blood, working from the inside out it helps fight the bacteria that causes acne.
- Apples contain an enzyme called pectin and that make our skin look younger and keep prevent the acne from even developing.
- Pears are packed full of nutrients that are great for the skin. They contain a high water content, which is great for hydrating the skin and keeping acne at bay.
- Bananas are probiotics and contain living bacteria-the good kind! The production of good bacteria helps rinse out the bad bacteria that can create acne and blemishes.
- Rich in antioxidants, strawberries have hardcore anti-acne properties. It helps effectively demolish dead cells and brings out the skin underneath, leaving your skin with a radiant glow.
- Cantaloupes contain numerous minerals and are dripping in vitamin A and vitamin C, making the juice an effective remedy for acne and any type of skin problem.
- Grapes are rich in vitamins, especially vitamin C. They are especially good for acne prevention, rather than acne treatment. They maintain healthy, beautiful skin.
- Pineapples are known to restore pH balance to the skin, ridding it of acne-causing bacteria. They also actively reduce inflammation and swelling and contain vitamin C, which is excellent for the skin.
- Apricots are abundant in fiber, vitamin A, and B-complex vitamins. They are great when it comes to treating acne. Organically grown apricots are highly recommended.
Knowledge is power especially when your talking about your skin. Get informed, be proactive, and get healthy from the inside out!